Monday, July 19, 2010

2nd Week

Hey another week gone by and other crazy things happening. Let’s start off with the random touching. Due to the mold issue in my place, they moved me into a local hotel at the construction site. Not bad, nice digs. Anywho, I get into the elevator and behind me are three Chinese men. They start staring at my left arm, but I kind of shrug it away. As I’m waiting for the doors to close, the one guy just grabs my bicep and tries to see how strong I am. Guess they have never seen biceps like mine. He starts ranting something in Chinese, which I assume is “Oh my god, those are the biggest biceps I have ever seen. He must be a god or something”. Definitely something along those lines. So as I am leaving, I feel generous, and flex my right arm for them, and they start laughing and grinning. I’m glad they enjoyed.

Well as most of you know, I am in China doing structural engineering. I know I will be very busy because of work, but didn’t know how soon it was going to start. This weekend I didn’t plan on going anywhere because I knew I was going to be moving out of the hotel at some point. Wake up on Saturday at about 830am, look at my phone (force of habit), and I have a text from one of my co-workers, “Call me when you wake up, we gotta go to work today….”. CRAP. Ok, I call him we have to finish something today that construction needs for the weekend. We go in and sit down and hammer through some stuff. The other dude prepares the work, I evaluate all of the information and act as an independent verifier. 4hrs goes by and we are finally done. I have a feeling this will be my life for the next few years, but I wonder what would happen if I am out of town and can’t physically sign the document…

Well I finally got moved after work on Saturday to my new place. After work I biked back to the hotel. Grabbed my stuff, checked out, went to my new place. They were going to come with some assistants to move my stuff. I told her I needed to look at the new place to make sure it was mold free first. I went over, looked it through and nothing! Thank Jeebus. I also really like living in this new place. Since it is not on the first floor I gain about 50 sq ft extra indoors and another 20 sq ft on an 2nd balcony off the master. Nice place. Even though they claim it will only be for about 2 months, I think I am going to dig in and try and convince them to let me stay there. There is nothing wrong with the location, just a little farther from the others, but by farther I mean an extra 40 yards….

Another case of inappropriate touching happened the other day as well. I was sitting in my new apt and I see this weird looking bug crawling around the floor. It looks like a spider with the back two legs of a grasshopper. Thing is freaky looking, and I don’t want it here anymore. So I go grab a tissue to get kill it and throw it out, I get next to it, aim, and woosh I swipe at it. Look down at the piece of tissue and its not there, that’s strange, I always get my victim. Then I look at my arm and there it is staring at me. So I rapidly move my arm to get it away from me, it lands on the floor and must of thought ‘Hey I want some of that spicy latin blood’, because the damn thing starts jumping at my legs. I keep moving out of the way of this thing and decide enough is enough, I grab my shoes by the door, go back and end its poor life. This thing was insane looking, and worst of all it completely is not scared of me. Crap….don’t think this is exactly it but this is kinda what it looked like. Half spiderish, half grasshopperish, 100% out for me. Thing was probably somewhere between 1.5” – 2”. Anyone know what it is?


No comments:

Post a Comment